Job Posting: Communications Coordinator
Calgary Cinematheque promotes film as an art form, challenging its audience with a variety of cinematic experiences and nurturing serious discussion of film. As a vital contributor to critical cinema culture in Calgary, we offer regular presentations of significant and diverse cinematic works during our October to April screening season.
Calgary Cinematheque seeks a dynamic, organized, and self-motivated individual for the part-time contractor position of Communications Coordinator. The Communications Coordinator reports directly to, and works closely with, the Calgary Cinematheque Board of Directors, and coordinates with the Operations Manager, Programming Coordinator, and Bookkeeper.
- Promotion of Calgary Cinematheque's events and activities during the October to April screening season, with off-season organizational and promotional work as well
- Write, edit and proof content for online and offline marketing and communications
- Generate press releases and coordinate media story pitching and publicity
- Manage and oversee content for website, e-newsletter, social media, publications, and digital onscreen media in conjunction with the Programming Coordinator
- Manage, track and report on media (posts, followers, conversations, Google analytics, etc.)
- Support day-to-day operations and related marketing campaigns
- Maintain regular communication with the Marketing & Communications Committee
- Build and coordinate community partnerships
- 2 years experience in marketing and communications
- Experience with social platforms and tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email marketing, etc.)
- Experience with website management tools (Squarespace, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Experience with web content management tools (SEO, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Capable of interpreting data results and use for informed decision making
- Possess a creative mind with a goal to generate fresh and relevant ideas to drive growth
- Have outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Have a keen interest in film (ideally background in film studies) as well as experience with non-profit organizations
- Photoshop/Illustrator skills are an asset
This is a part-time position subcontracted through the Calgary Cinematheque Society's general contractor, Travartis, ranging from 16 to 32 hours per month, dependent on our planning and operations cycle. Hours are generally flexible, but the successful candidate will be expected to work proactively and to adhere to our publicity timelines.
Compensation for the position is $25/hr.
Email: email@example.com no later than 4pm on September 10, 2018
Subject Line: Communications Coordinator - Your Name
Attachment: Cover letter and resume as a single file, named LastName_FirstName